23 November 2010

Impossible Project PX70 PUSH Part II























I still had three exposures left with my first pack of Impossible's PUSH... it took two to get this shot to look the way I pictured it.


Since I have been getting some interest recently as to what my setups are like, or at least my lighting, for this film I'll give a little more detail. My first attempt used a tungsten 650w fresnel from below shooting straight up into the umbrella, and there were a couple ceiling mounted cyc lights on, 500w apiece. I didn't like how muddy and noisy the background came out for that first image, and I hadn't cranked my lighten/darken slider over to its lightest position for that photo either. 


The second shot, this one seen above, was basically the same set up, but I added two 1k open face fixtures pointed directly at the wall from parasol left and right. (the parasol itself, not an umbrella, is magical and floats on its own) 


I also noticed with this photo that shooting straight tungsten and not gelling lights to daylight has given me a lot more orange/warmth to the final image... I don't necessarily dislike it, but I feel the gelled light was more color correct. It will be interesting to compare final colors once the blue fade occurs that is known to happen with this film over time... ultimately this image might settle right into the sweet spot by being over warm to begin with.


Overall, loving this film and shooting polaroid. More to come, and I should be shooting some of this film with a model during the upcoming weekend. I'm excited to see what I can get with a person as the subject.



Photograph Info:
Location: Cleveland Ohio, Studio
Camera: Polaroid SX-70 Sonar
Lens: Fixed
Film: Impossible Project PX70 PUSH!

No comments:

Post a Comment