04 May 2009

Wicker and Wood


If you've never been to Key West, bikes and scooters are pretty much the preferred way to travel for many of the people around town. You end up seeing every kind of bike imaginable... rentals, custom choppers, tandem, etc. This particular bike was shot from the patio of the bar Willie T's late on my second night there. I thought it was an interesting, old bike. It wasn't until I got home and started working on this photo that I realized the entire body of the bike is actually wood with wicker accents.

There's something I really like about this photo. The colors are really nice, much more saturated then most of my photos. I actually shot this with my white balance in the wrong setting and decided not to adjust because I really ended up liking the blue hues in it. I think the reflecting lights in the street and shadowing up top add some nice dimension as well.

Photograph Info:
Location: Key West, Florida
Camera: Canon Rebel XTI
Lens: 18-55mm
PostProcess: Curves adjustment/burn and dodge/Sharpen

No comments:

Post a Comment