08 December 2011

Impossible Project PX100 Test Film - Nutcrackers


Today is a very exciting day. My shipment of the new Impossible Project PX 100 Silver Shade test film arrived this morning and I was lucky enough to find some time this afternoon to take a few photos with it. For the sake of being in the holiday spirit, I decided to do a series of portraits with a couple nutcrackers that were sitting around the office.




So far, I'd have to say this film is just what you've come to expect from Impossible - Quality product, and a beautiful next step in their ongoing production of integral films. There is a lot of beautiful contrast and the film overall seems to be very sharp. I've taken four shots now, and this post displays my best three of the afternoon. The first was really my only problem shot, and that was only a minor overexposure that could very well be due to the early SX70 that I took these photos with. I've really never run a pack of film through this particular camera myself, but since my normal SX70 Sonar still has some Black Frame in it I figured I'd give this one a go. After that first photo, an adjustment of two notches on the darkness wheel resulted in the photos you see displayed here.




This final photo does have a bit of an issue at top of frame, but that would be my fault not the films. Being that the early SX70's lacked a tripod mount, I had this camera propped up on a music stand and leveled with a sweatshirt. This last frame just happened to get caught in the sweatshirt when it was coming out of camera, which I imagine is why there is a little issue along the top of this photo.


Overall, I think this is some great film and I'm pretty glad that I got the chance to test it out early. I look forward to running the rest of what I have through the camera to see what else I can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment