25 April 2011

Impossible Project PX70 PUSH & PX 680 - Presque Isle, Erie PA

I know. It's been over a month since I last posted some photos here, but I'm back. I've actually been here most of the time. I've just been extremely busy with on thing or another and haven't been able to update as often as usual. On the bright side, my past three weekends have been spent out of town in different places, which means that I have had plenty of opportunities for photos. I actually have a stack of about 30 decent shots to share over the upcoming posts.


I have had the same four cameras with me each trip... a Polaroid SX70, Polaroid One Step, Polaroid 250 and an old Mamiya 645. So, almost all of my photos have been some type of instant photography, except the medium format. The films that I've carried with me are Impossible's PX70 Push, PX680, PX600 Silver Shade, and the Fuji FP100c, 100b, and 3000b. The medium format has just been loaded up with some Kodak BW400cn.


The most recent trip, was up to Erie, PA this past weekend. I was only there for a day, but was able to shoot quite a few photos around the Presque Isle area. The photo at the top of this post (shot on PX70 Push) is from Sara's & Sally's, a pair of classic 1950s diners, which you can find at the gateway to Presque Isle state park. We stopped here for lunch (Erie's own Smith's hotdogs) and afterward I wandered about and took a few photos. The two images below are also from Sara's & Sally's... (the first PX70 Push, the second PX 680)
After lunch, we headed out onto Presque Isle for a couple hours and were lucky enough to have great weather. Presque Isle is somewhere I've been going since I was a kid, so I love to go back and walk around the beaches and take photos along the way. What you see below is the last two shots from my first test pack of Impossible's new PX680. I've definitely had my share of problems with the first pack, but I think it is mainly that I picked up some light exposure along the way and have been shooting with a cheaper One Step in light of not having an ND filter for my SX70 yet. The photos that have come out, though, are really great. There is a ton of color in this film, and the fact that it isn't effected as much by post shot light exposure and temperature is a huge plus. The light leaks and mistakes that have shown up in these photos don't really bother me though... I don't shoot instant photography to get perfect photos.




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Presque isle and Sarah's! Haven't had one of their milk shakes in over 2 years... Reminds me of college days. Nice stuff!

    ReplyDelete