20 December 2012

Impossible Project PX680 Color Protection - Cancun Mexico, Some Randoms


Of the Impossible Project film that I shot while in Mexico I still have a few random, uncategorized shots that I wanted to share. So, I figured I would just lump these couple together and give them their own post. These were all taken with an SX70 Sonar and Impossible Project's PX 680 Color Protection film. Lighten/Darken was set about 1/4 towards dark, film was unshielded out of camera and left to develop in indirect lighting conditions.


The photo at top is a little boy named Oliver that we kept running into in the resort. Almost always playing with a ball he was difficult to catch on film. As you can see, he's a little blurry from a longer shutter speed and the fact that he is indeed off chasing another ball. The other two photos (middle and bottom) are just a few more skyline/water shots that I took somewhere along the way. The middle photo was taken from the balcony of our room around sunset, and, though I wanted a brighter exposure the setting sun knocked everything down to more of a silhouette. The bottom photo, also taken from our balcony, was shot earlier in the day. Though it's slightly washed out in contrast it does capture the blues rather nicely - a color that I've often had difficulty capturing with Impossible's instant films.


That's about all for today, but, I do have a few Instax photos to post in the near future, and, after the holidays, I'm sure that I'll be getting back some of the 35mm and medium format film that I shot as well. As soon as I do, I'll be sure to share. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment