15 September 2011

Impossible Project PX600 BlackFrame PP - Presque Isle Motel



It's pretty crisp and cool around Cleveland as we creep into the middle of September. It's hard to believe it's already been more than two weeks since a Labor Day weekend filled with oddly high temperatures. 


This year, I spent my Labor Day up in Erie, PA... which at this point probably shouldn't come as too much of a surprise to anyone who has followed my blog recently. Tiffany and I spent a couple nights out at her family's cottage near the lake. We had a few cookouts, rode our bikes, drove around town. Once or twice along the way, I got out one of my cameras and took a photo or two.




These two images are from of the old Presque Isle Motel. It's an old, dilapidated building that appears to have been shut down years ago. I've been dying to shoot this place since we drove past it a couple months ago, but, despite the number of times we've been in Erie there just hasn't been time. Labor Day, however, finally gave me the opportunity and the storm clouds that threatened all day couldn't have worked out any better.


These were both shot with an SX70 sonar using some of my favorite film from the Impossible Project - PX600 Black Frame Poor Pod. Unlike most of what I've shot from the Poor Pod batch, these actually show the signs of the Poor Pod. But, like I've said many times before, it's these uncontrollable aspects that really make analog photography what it is. Considering the content and composition of the images... I think it worked out perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment