22 May 2012

Impossible Project PX70 NIGO - Brooklyn NY


While visiting NYC last week we ended up staying outside of Manhattan in the Park Slope area of Brooklyn. It was a nice little area and we were right off of Fifth avenue, which, if you've ever been to the area, is where all of the restaurants, bars and shops are located. From what I understand, Park Slope is considered one of Brooklyn's up and coming neighborhoods - considering everything available in the area and it's convenient location to Manhattan I can see why.


The hotel we stayed at (Hotel Le Bleu) was a decent little boutique hotel that was situated right next to a Taxi depot. It was interesting returning to the area each afternoon as all of the drivers were coming in off their shifts. The cars were all piled up in the lot and the drivers were all congregating around talking about what I can only imagine to be the most entertaining stories from their recent fares. 


The photo above was taken during a slower time of the day - shot with an SX70 Sonar using the Impossible Project's limited edition PX70 NIGO film. If you are not familiar, each frame in the pack happens to be a different color (It just so happens that this frame happens to be black which isn't that unfamiliar on this blog) but brighter colors are coming. The film itself is wonderful and of all the color films from Impossible that I've been shooting lately the PX70 has been some of the easiest to get good results from.




Another part of Brooklyn that I really enjoyed was the area around Brooklyn Bridge Park. We ended up stopping there on a whim on the way back from Manhattan. It had been raining all morning and we were dying to take some photos. As luck would have it, the rain ended and we were able to shoot around the park for a good hour or so. 


While I did mostly shoot with my Yashica D in this area I do have a couple instant photos to share. Also shot with the Impossible Project PX70 NIGO, the above photos is of Jane's Carousel in the park. This Carousel is actually quite historic - it was built in 1922 by the Philadelphia Toboggan company and has since been purchased, restored and relocated to Brooklyn Bridge Park where it remains inside of a giant glass enclosure so it can be enjoyed by the public year round. Unfortunately, I was there on a Tuesday, which is the one day a week the Carousel is closed... so I shot this through the glass. If you look closely, you can actually see the Brooklyn Bridge itself in the reflection on the top right.


And, finally, to wrap up this longer than usual post - Since I don't have any actual instant photos of the Brooklyn Bridge I thought I would post the instant photo that I do have, which is of the other bridge you can view from the park - The Manhattan Bridge. As you can see this was shot with NIGO as well, and, the frame is a much more colorful result than the two photos posted above.




Hopefully in the near future I'll have some of my other film developed from this and other areas around town to share here on the blog, so, keep an eye out.



No comments:

Post a Comment