30 May 2012

Fuji FP-100C45 - Graflex Crown Graphic 4x5 - Mahalls 20 Lanes Bowling Alley


I just recently moved from my apartment of 3 years in the little neighborhood of Tremont in Cleveland. I didn't move far (just out to what would be considered the suburbs I guess) but as a collector of cameras, antiques and everything vintage... you could say I had a lot of things to move. It took all of 3-4 days to break-down, clean, move, clean, set-up and finish the process. Luckily, since I'm moving in with Tiffany, she was so kind as to help me get everything moved and by mid-Monday we had everything pretty much done.


Now, you might be thinking, "Well thats a cute story, but, what's it have to do with your photoblog?" Well, last night was something like my night of decompression. A chance to reset myself. So, I set out and drove around with my Crown Graphic looking for some things to take photos of, eventually ending up at Mahall's 20 Lanes bowling alley. I've taken some photos inside of this alley before, but never of the sign that I've drove by so many times before.


This particular image is one of my favorites from the night and was taken with Fuji's FP-100C45 using a front rise and tilt and approximately a 3 second exposure. I've only shot with this camera at night before using Fuji's FP-3000B45, but, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the 100C45 could handle the long exposures just as well. I think the color and range of the film worked out pretty well for this image, but, I will say that thus far I'm not a huge fan of the bokeh on this lens when it comes to dealing with brighter lights in long exposures. I guess until I purchase another lens for this camera though, I'm out of luck on that one.


I didn't take many more shots last night, but, I did end up reloading my Polaroid back with a new pack of the 3000B45 and look forward to heading out soon to shoot some more night time images.

No comments:

Post a Comment