06 June 2011

Impossible Project PX600 BlackFrame PP - Waldameer!

Erie, PA has one of my favorite places to visit - Waldameer Park and Water World. This is one of those places I used to go as a kid with my entire family. We would camp in Erie every summer, and one day of our vacation we would always spend at Water World riding the water slides. Sometimes, once thoroughly water logged, we would hit the amusement park side of Waldameer for a couple rides and an Elephant Ear. 


I've always been a fan of the americana feel and nostalgia of an amusement park or carnival, and Waldameer is definitely the kind of place that offers up that type of feeling and imagery. At top is the classic amusement park swings that I shot with the Impossible Project PX600 Black Frame on an SX-70. Below, a creepy clown who tops the garbage cans in the area of the park filled with kids rides.
I've always wanted to take some photos in an amusement park and I'm really happy that I got to do it with instant film. Nostalgia deserves analog...



Photograph Info:
Location: Waldameer Park Erie PA
Camera: Polaroid SX70 Sonar
Film: Impossible Project PX600 SS Black Frame PoorPod




No comments:

Post a Comment