01 June 2012

Impossible Project PX100 - A Birds Nest


Just a few short weeks back we noticed that there was a nest up in the corner of the back patio where we grill. I checked it out (without touching or disturbing it) and noticed that there was an egg in there. Since there was an egg, we decided to leave the nest as is and give the egg time to hatch... despite the worried mother's occasional attempted dive bombs when you exited the back door. Unfortunately, for one reason or another, the mother eventually decided not to return to the nest at all. We waited a few days just to make sure, but it appears a lost cause for this little guy.


This is one of those photos that I'd consider to be sad but beautiful. Considering the circumstances it's a sad thing, but the examination of this nest and egg really is a beautiful, natural thing to see up close. After the mother decided not to return for a period of time I placed the nest on a ledge and grabbed my SX70 sonar to take this photo. The film is Impossible Project's PX100, which as I've mentioned before, is one of my favorite films from TIP.


This once, I might have preferred to have some color film loaded so that you could see the great color of the egg in contrast to the nest... but still, I think this monochrome image is just as nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment