02 January 2013

Expired Polaroid ID Ultraviolet Film - Polaroid Land 250 - First Photo of 2013


Now that the holidays are over, lets get back to the photos. Today, I have my very first image of 2013 which I captured on the first day of the year. Really, I couldn't think of a nicer way to spend New Years Day than I did - driving through the beautiful, snowy Cleveland metro parks with a car full of cameras, film and good company. This photo is really the only instant photo that I took along the way (I'm sure you'll see some TMax from my Canon down the road), but, if it's any indication as to how the rest of photos will look throughout this year... I'll take it. 

For those interested in the details - this photo was taken with my Polaroid 250 using some original Polaroid ID Ultraviolet film that expired in 2008. Similar to Polaroid 669 this is a Polacolor peel-a-part pack film with an ISO of 80, but, was originally used for making identification badges and therefore has an ultraviolet coating that essentially "watermarks" the photo with the word Polaroid. This of course isn't really a problem as you can only see the UV coating when you hold the photo at an angle under direct light.

I should point out that I was lucky enough to get quite a bit of this film for Christmas this year, so, you will likely be seeing more and more photos with this film type throughout the year. My younger brother happened upon a box of this in a store room at work and was able to get me a few packs... somewhere around 120 shots worth. 

Check back soon for some more and until then... Happy New Year and thanks for continuing to read though my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment