22 April 2013

Impossible Project PX680 American Woods - Spring Daffodil


Today I have a really quick post of an image that I took late last week when the weather was particularly warm out. This photo (actually taken at the same time as this photo) was taken with a Polaroid SX-70 Sonar using Impossible Projects PX680 American Woods film, which is probably one of my favorites special editions that they've come out with to date. I've already gone through one of my three packs (with mediocre results at best... that being my fault) but look forward to using the other two soon as the weather continues to get warmer. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. That turned out really nice. I have a question. Every single one of my packs of American Woods edition is coming out super red. Whether in my pocket or outside where it's cool, no matter what I do, it comes out red... I've yet to get a good result with it like I have gotten with the standard color protection packs. Have you seen this before? I've asked around and I've gotten different responses. I'm wondering if it's just my pack :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly haven't worked with this version of the film enough to know if it's a common problem or not. Is the chemistry in this even the same as the current Color Protection film? I assumed it was closer to the previous version of 680 and still needed shielded out of camera - that version of the chemistry always seemed a little warm to me anyhow, but not super red like you are describing. Are you shooting in a 600 or an SX70 with a filter?

      Delete